Q. What is The Gift Goes On?
The Gift Goes On is the Essentia Health Foundation’s systemwide giving campaign bringing our communities together. Participants will be able to unlock matching gifts, challenges, prizes and more—all in support of projects across the family of Essentia Health foundations.
Q. When is it?
The Gift Goes On will take place from Monday, 12:00AM on September 18 through Friday, 12AM on September 23, 2023.
Q. Who can donate?
Anyone with a credit card and access to the internet!
Q. What forms of donations are accepted?
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express donations through the website. Check or cash gifts can be mailed to individual Foundations listed below:
- Ada: Essentia Health-Ada Foundation, 201 9th Street West, Ada, MN 56510
- Brainerd: Essentia Health-St. Joseph’s Foundation, 2024 South Sixth Street, Brainerd, MN 56401
- Detroit Lakes: Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation, 1027 Washington Avenue, Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
- Duluth: Essentia Health Foundation, 400 East Third Street, Duluth, MN 55805
- Fargo: Essentia Health-Fargo Foundation, 3000 32nd Avenue South, Fargo, ND 58103
- Graceville: Essentia Health-Graceville Foundation, 115 West Second Street, Graceville, MN 56240
- Moose Lake: Essentia Health-Moose Lake Foundation, 4572 County Road 61, Moose Lake, MN 55767
- Virginia: Essentia Health-Virginia Regional Foundation, 901 9th Street North, Virginia, MN 55792
Q. Will I receive a receipt for tax purposes?
Yes. You will automatically receive an emailed receipt acknowledging your gift.
Q. Is there a minimum gift?
There is a $10 minimum online donation.
Q. Can I make donations via a mobile device?
Yes! Simply visit thegiftgoeson.org.
Q. Where does my gift go?
Your gift will support key projects at individual Essentia Health foundations, ensuring our patients receive the best care. Every single gift will stay local to support your own community. Learn more at thegiftgoeson.org.
Q. Will my gift go to the Essentia Health Foundation? Should I donate instead on EssentiaHealth.org?
Yes, all gifts will go to the Essentia Health Foundation of your choosing. This website, thegiftgoeson.org, was created as a destination for The Gift Goes On campaign. It allows us to provide a unique experience for donors and fundraisers—including real-time updates on fundraising goals, Champion fundraising tools and more!
Donations on thegiftgoeson.org will allow us to meet our goals and unlock challenges, thanks to our generous sponsors. All payments made through the site are secure, and help support this community giving campaign.
Q. Will my gift made prior to September 14 help populate the leaderboards?
Yes! Gifts made in advance through thegiftgoeson.org (and in response to campaign mailings) will be displayed on the leaderboard when it goes live on Monday, September 18, 2023.
Q. Is my payment secure?
Absolutely. The Gift Goes On is facilitated by GiveGab, a company that has partnered with Stripe, a PCI Service Provider Level 1 (the most stringent level of certification possible), to process all gifts made through thegiftgoeson.org. Read through Stripe's security documentation online.
Q. Can I send a gift by mail or phone?
Absolutely! All gifts received by Friday, September 30 will be counted toward the campaign total. Gifts can be made by phone or by mail to the individual Foundations listed below:
- Ada: Essentia Health-Ada Foundation, 201 9th Street West, Ada, MN 56510. 701.364.7784
- Brainerd: Essentia Health-St. Joseph’s Foundation, 2024 South Sixth Street, Brainerd, MN 56401. 218.820.6893
- Detroit Lakes: Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation, 1027 Washington Avenue, Detroit Lakes, MN 56501. 218.847.0867
- Duluth: Essentia Health Foundation, 400 East Third Street, Duluth, MN 55805. 218.786.5049
- Graceville: Essentia Health-Graceville Foundation, 115 West Second Street, Graceville, MN 56240. 701.364.7784
- Fargo: Essentia Health-Fargo Foundation, 3000 32nd Avenue South, Fargo, ND 58103. 701.364.7784
- Moose Lake: Essentia Health-Moose Lake Foundation, 4572 County Road 61, Moose Lake, MN 55767. 218.485.5586
- Virginia: Essentia Health-Virginia Regional Foundation, 901 9th Street North, Virginia, MN 55792. 218.742.8605
Q. Is my contribution tax deductible?
Yes, your gift is entirely tax deductible. You will receive an email confirmation that may serve as your receipt for tax purposes.
Q. Does it cost anything to give through The Gift Goes On? How much of my donation will the Essentia Health Foundation receive?
There is a 3.0% processing fee and a 2.5% (+ $.30) bank fee for donations made using all major credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express). You have the option to cover these costs in addition to your gift. If you choose not to do so, the cost will be absorbed through the Foundation's operations, leaving 100% of your gift to support our health initiatives and to remain tax deductible.
Q. What if I already made a gift to the Foundation this year?
Thank you for being part of our donor family! We appreciate your commitment and encourage you to make an additional gift of any size from September 18 to 22, 2023 in support of this unique campaign. We also need your help to promote The Gift Goes On to others. We have created sample email and social media posts to help you do this more easily, which are located in the Champion Toolkit on the site.
Q. Can I help promote The Gift Goes On?
Please do! We encourage you to share the images and messages that are located in the Champion Toolkit. Send an email to friends and family, post on your Facebook page, tweet, blog, put signs on your lawn. It's all encouraged!
Q. How will the donation be reported on my credit card?
Gifts made during The Gift Goes On will appear on donors' credit cards as Essentia Health Foundation.
Q. Who will receive my contact information?
The Essentia Health Foundation will have access to your name and email address. This information is used solely to send thank you messages, provide the option to receive future notifications and notify you of future activities.
Q. Who do I contact with questions about Giving Day?
Contact LeAnn Mouw, Director of Operations, at the Essentia Health Foundation, at LeAnn.Mouw@EssentiaHealth.org.
Q. What is GiveGab?
GiveGab is a nonprofit giving platform that helps nonprofits to raise money, engage donors and manage volunteers quickly and efficiently.